Yes! Soft drink is bad for your teeth for a number of reasons:
The high sugar content contained in most soft drinks provide food for the bacteria that cause decay. This leads to holes forming in your teeth.
Soft drink also has a high acid content, which wears away the outer surface of your teeth exposing the inner surface closer to the nerve. This can lead to sensitivity and in severe cases damage the nerve. The pH level of coca-cola is only 1 point higher on the pH scale than battery acid. Even drinks classed as ”diet” or “sugar free” have been found to cause enamel erosion.
We suggest that our patients drink more tooth friendly options such as milk, tea and water.